The Tahquamenon Stool is gorgeously modern and superbly highlights the beauty of bent plywood with it's waterfall design. It takes it's inspiration from Michigan's Tahquamenon Falls which are a beautiful collection of cascade waterfalls just outside of Paradise, MI. I'm a fan of this minimalist seat in the bedroom to take a seat as you slide on your slippers after a long day, next to the bed as a bedside table, around the dining table when backed chairs would be too much, in the living room where an unobtrusive extra seat is helpful, or in the entryway as a quick seat as you put on or take off your shoes.
Handmade to order in 10-12 weeks.
- Design, lamination, molding, finish, and assembly by Ciseal in Troy, MI.
- Layers of wood veneer are hand glued, layered and molded to shape.
- Hand sanded and finished with hand-rubbed oil and wax.
- Stainless steel binding posts fasten the legs to the seat
- Rubber pads provide traction and protect surfaces from scratches.
- Birch Veneer Inner Layers
- Various Outer Veneers
- Stainless steel binding posts
- Rubber Floor Pads
- Height: 17"
- Seat Height: 17"
- Width: 14.5"
- Depth: 12"
- Plywood Thickness: 0.75"
- Weight: 6.2 lbs
- Each stool is handmade from natural materials, so there will be some variation in color and wood grain.
- The stool ships unassembled, but assembling the legs to the seat is a quick and straightforward task.